Learn how to manage those pesky little buggers in your yard and garden while keeping the people you love and the environment safe at the Integrated Pest Management Class hosted by University of Minnesota – Extension Office Master Gardener Joyce Altobelli.
Come see local artist Daryl Anderson’s beautiful landscape and wildlife paintings on display now through August 29th in the Bell Art Room of the library.
Daryl Anderson is a life long Winona Artist. He has B.S. and M.S degrees from WSU and St. Teresa’s. Daryl is a substitute teacher at Winona Senior High School and he works at the W.M.C.A. He has been a serious acrylic painter for eighteen years. He appreciates nature and all of its artistic elements and has a fondness of upper Midwest wildlife. His mission statement is simply:” I love to paint for its relaxing, reflective and cognitive aspects.”
Betsy Bowen, from Grand Marais, MN, will be here to show us how she creates her stunning woodblock prints by hand! Betsy is the author and illustrator of several well known children’s books, including Antler Bear Canoe, Gathering, and Tracks in the Wild. Book sales and signing will be available. Join us for this special event!
- High School equivalency (GED)
- College preparation exams, including the ACT and SAT
- Graduate admission exams (GMAT, GRE, LSAT, MAT, and more)
- Entrance exams (Allied Health programs and Nursing School)
- Occupational exams (Civil Service, CDL, Cosmetology, Culinary Arts, Emergency Medical Services, Firefighting, Homeland Security, Law Enforcement, Postal Worker, Nursing, Plumbing, Teaching, and more)
- Military tests (ASVAB, Flight Aptitude, and Officer Candidate tests)
- Career information
- U.S. Citizenship information and test prep
- Computer skills training (Windows and Mac Operating Systems, Microsoft Office, Adobe Dreamweaver, Flash, Illustrator and Photoshop)
- Resume building, interview prep and job searching
- Elementary, Middle, and High School skills improvement
- Resources in Spanish (Recursos in Espanol)
Winona National Bank held its first of three summer concerts on June 13, drawing a crowd of over 2,500. The concert featured Bob & The Beachcombers as well as the famous $1 lunch and $1 root beer floats, raising $1,813.15 for The Friends of the Winona Public Library. The purpose of Friends of the Library is to support and promote the Winona Public Library, offer volunteer services, and stimulate the use of the library’s resources and services.
Thanks to Winona National Bank for your generous support of the library!
A brand new selection of graphic novels are available to read online through Tumblebooks!
The library now offers notice delivery via text message. To sign up for this new service, please call the Checkout Desk at 507-452-4582. You may also sign up by logging into My Account, then select the text messaging tab and enter your cell phone number.
Download Magazines to your Portable Device or Computer
The library’s subscription to Zinio offers digital copies of popular magazines that library users can view online and/or download to compatible computers and devices (iPad, iPhone, Android, Kindle Fire, and more). The library currently subscribes to 45 titles.
With your Library Zinio Account:
- Read entire magazines online cover-to-cover as if you were reading the print version
- You can check out as many magazines as you want for as long as you want
- You never need to return digital magazines
- You never have overdue fees for digital magazines
- Every magazine in the library’s Zinio digital magazine collection is always available
- Create virtual subscriptions to magazines to be delivered to you as the latest issue is published
Try out this new service at our Zinio site!