We’ve all heard those Pokémon Go horror stories… people getting robbed, injuring themselves, having car accidents, ending up in scary unpredictable locations, trespassing, and even finding themselves in unwanted situations.
To help you and those around you stay safe while playing Pokémon Go, the Winona Public Library is hosting a Pokémon Safety & Courtesy Education Class on Thursday, August 25th at 6pm in the Library’s Bell Art Room.
The Winona Police Department’s Community Liaison Officer will discuss safety and courtesy tips for Pokémon Trainers and Parents of Trainers.
Registration is not necessary.
The Friends of the Library Bake Sale is Saturday, August 27th from 7:30AM – 12PM at the Winona Farmers Market (Corner of Main and 2nd Streets).
Interested in baking an item for the sale? All bake goods can be dropped off at the library on Friday, August 26th or delivered to the Farmer’s Market by 7:30AM the following Saturday.
Bake goods that sell well at the market include larger items like cakes, pies, and breads. Smaller items like cookies and small loaves of breads also sell well.
All items must be separated, priced, and include ingredient information, e.g. contains nuts or is gluten-free.
Interested in volunteering at the bake sale? Contact the friends at [email protected] for information and available shifts.
Starting Monday, June 6th, the Winona Public Library will be offering a new receipt option – email. Now when you check out and pay your fines library staff will ask you if you want your receipt printed, emailed, or both.
Signup for this option is done at the Checkout Desk. If you have questions, call the Winona Public Library at 507-452-4582.
Looking for an app that allows you to search the Winona Public Library’s catalog in a smooth, easy manner? The Library is now on BookMyne, available in the iTunes App and Google Play Stores for free.
BookMyne allows you to search for books in the Library’s catalog; put a hold on an item; and renew items on your account.
For questions about the app, call the Library’s Reference Desk at 507-452-4860.
- High School equivalency (GED)
- College preparation exams, including the ACT and SAT
- Graduate admission exams (GMAT, GRE, LSAT, MAT, and more)
- Entrance exams (Allied Health programs and Nursing School)
- Occupational exams (Civil Service, CDL, Cosmetology, Culinary Arts, Emergency Medical Services, Firefighting, Homeland Security, Law Enforcement, Postal Worker, Nursing, Plumbing, Teaching, and more)
- Military tests (ASVAB, Flight Aptitude, and Officer Candidate tests)
- Career information
- U.S. Citizenship information and test prep
- Computer skills training (Windows and Mac Operating Systems, Microsoft Office, Adobe Dreamweaver, Flash, Illustrator and Photoshop)
- Resume building, interview prep and job searching
- Elementary, Middle, and High School skills improvement
- Resources in Spanish (Recursos in Espanol)
Download Magazines to your Portable Device or Computer
The library’s subscription to Zinio offers digital copies of popular magazines that library users can view online and/or download to compatible computers and devices (iPad, iPhone, Android, Kindle Fire, and more). The library currently subscribes to 44 titles.
With your Library Zinio Account:
- Read entire magazines online cover-to-cover as if you were reading the print version
- You can check out as many magazines as you want for as long as you want
- You never need to return digital magazines
- You never have overdue fees for digital magazines
- Every magazine in the library’s Zinio digital magazine collection is always available
- Create virtual subscriptions to magazines to be delivered to you as the latest issue is published
Try out this new service at our Zinio site!