View vintage photos, blueprints, and recently discovered original documents from the library’s vault that take you on a journey through the creation of a free public library in Winona. See William Laird’s signed letter that speaks of the pleasure he had in making his $50,000 donation to the City to build our present library. An original blueprint of the main floor shows the layout of the library as it was in 1899. Documents from numerous individuals and organizations who gave generously to the library come together to paint a vivid picture of the sense of pride, dedication, and tradition of giving in our community, one that continues today.
On display now under glass on the tables in the main Reference Area and in the Bell Art Room of the library.
Download Magazines to your Portable Device or Computer with Zinio
The library’s new subscription to Zinio offers digital copies of popular magazines that library users can view online and/or download to compatible computers and devices (iPad, iPhone, Android, Kindle Fire, and more). The library currently subscribes to 45 titles.
With your Library Zinio Account:
- Read entire magazines online cover-to-cover as if you were reading the print version
- You can check out as many magazines as you want for as long as you want
- You never need to return digital magazines
- You never have overdue fees for digital magazines
- Every magazine in the library’s Zinio digital magazine collection is always available
- Create virtual subscriptions to magazines to be delivered to you as the latest issue is published
Try out this new service at our Zinio site!
Car and Driver
Kiplinger’s Personal Finance
Mother Earth News
National Geographic Interactive
National Geographic Traveler Interactive
New York Review of Books
Parenting Early Years
PC Magazine Digital Edition
Star Wars: Clone Wars Magazine