Notice to Utility Customers 2/13/2014
News & Public Notices
The City of Winona Water Department has been receiving an increase in calls with customers having frozen pipes, meters, or service lines. Due to the frost extending down in the ground four feet or more, there have been two water main breaks in the past two weeks.
The City of Winona Water Department would like to inform the public of ways to try to prevent frozen faucets, meters and water lines. This advice is especially important for residents that have a history of frozen lines.
- Let a small stream of water run from a faucet to prevent freezing of the water lines. The extra cost of the water during this coldest of times will be better than the hundreds to thousands of dollars that a service repair would be.
- Be aware of where the water meter and main shut off valve is located in your residence. The area where the meter is should be kept free of cold drafts with at least some type of warmth and the valve accessible in case of a leak to be able to shut off the water.
- If you need any assistance or if you have questions in regards to your service or meter feel free to call our office for help. Our number is 457-8272 from 7:00 to 3:30 and after hours we can be contacted in emergencies through the LEC at 457-6302.
Robert M. Dunn
Water Department Superintendent
Announcing Saturday Service!
Starting Saturday, February 1, 2014
- Buses run 9:05 am – 5:05 pm
- Buses run on the four regular routes (Blue, Red, Green East & Green West)
- Fares are the same as Monday – Friday
For information on routes, call 507/454-6666
Street Lights Out:
If you notice a street light that is out in the City of Winona, you can contact Xcel Energy yourself by calling 800-960-6235 or report the outage online at: http://www1.xcelenergy.com/ODL/OUTAGEREPORT/postmultiple.asp
Otherwise, please feel free to contact the Public Works office at 507-457-8269 with the location of the light and the issue with the light, and we will report it for you.
Decorative lights that are downtown need to be reported to the City, so please call Public Works at 507-457-8269 to report those as well.
To view a video of the bridge demonstration please click on the link above and go the the Public Meetings tab.
Under the EA Public Meetings, click on the link to video of bridge layout. This will give you a realistic view of what the bridge will look like.
Current Openings as of 11/6/13
- Heritage Preservation Commission- 2 positions
- Cable TV Commission- 3 positions
- Recreational Waterways- 1 position
- Citizens Environmental Quality Committee- 2 positions
- Planning Commission- 1 position
- Human Rights Commission- 1 Position