News & Public Notices
WINONA POET LAUREATE: 2017-18
Purpose of the Winona Poet Laureate Program:
- To promote the art of poetry—writing, reading, performing, displaying and teaching.
- To encourage public presentations of poetry in the Winona area.
- To recognize individuals who are dedicated to the art of poetry in the Winona area.
- Agree to attend a reception announcing his/her selection.
- Agree to conduct a public reading of his/her own work each year during National Poetry Month.
- Agree to organize an annual reading by local poets.
- Agree to host one poetry workshop or class at the high school level each year (dependent on the school’s permission to do so).
- Agree to promote poetry in the Winona area in a manner of his/her own choosing.
- $1,200 for the duration of the appointment ($600/year over two years).
More Information regarding suggested duties:
- Contact Fine Arts Commission Staff Chad Ubl (507-457-8258).
Deadline to Apply: November 10, 2016.
- Heritage Preservation Commission ~ 1 position
- Cable TV Commission ~ 2 positions
- Recreational Waterways ~ 1 position
- Citizens Environmental Quality Committee ~ 2 positions
- Architectural Review Board ~ 1 Position
On Thursday, October 20, 2016, the City of Winona will hold its annual public meeting regarding the City’s Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) that is required by the Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System permit. The meeting will begin at 6:30 pm in the Wenonah Room at Winona City Hall (3rd Floor).
Information on the City’s stormwater management procedures can be found online at the City’s website by clicking on the City Services heading, then Public Works and selecting Stormwater Education in the left hand column.
Questions about the Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan or this meeting can be addressed to John Howard, the City’s Natural Resource Sustainability Coordinator: [email protected] or 507-457-8269.