The Friends of the Winona Public Library value, support, and champion the public library. The purpose of this organization is to:
- Maintain an association of persons interested in libraries
- Focus public attention on the Winona Public Library
- Stimulate the use of the library’s resources and services
- Receive and encourage gifts, endowments and bequests to the library
- Support and cooperate with the library in developing library services and facilities for the community
- Support the freedom to read as expressed in the American Library Association Bill of Rights
Meetings are usually held on the third Saturday of each month from 9:00 – 10:00 am in the Bell Art Room of the library. All Friends and potential Friends are welcome to attend.
Next meeting will be Saturday, May 16th, 2015.
Winona Public Library
Friends of the Library Board
Friends Special Events
Kids Concert in the Park
Please Save-the-Date: Friday June 19th, 2015 from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Come and dance to the Teddy Bear Band’s music, have a classic $1 meal, a root beer float, and some good summertime fun. We will be looking for volunteers to help at this event.
Winona National Bank has designated the Friends of the Winona Public Library as the recipient of all the proceeds from the June concert at the band shell.
Thanks to you and Winona National Bank for your generous support of the library!
Friends Bake Sale @ Winona Farmers Market
Saturday, August 22, 2015
Please watch for more details.
All proceeds benefit your Winona Public Library!
Give to the Max Day
Next Give to the Max Day: November 12th, 2015
(Annual event held the 2nd Thursday in November)
What is Give to the Max Day? It is a day of Giving in Minnesota. You can give an online donation to any nonprofit or school of your choice.
The Friends of the Winona Public Library participated in the event again this year, and every dollar you donated will help your library. Thank you for your generosity.
Please note: giveMN.org is available for online donations to the Friends throughout the year.
The Friends of the Winona Public Library’s Annual Book Sale was held at the Winona Friendship Center (corner of 5th and Main) March 19th – March 21st, 2015.
Thank you to all the volunteers and customers. Your support is greatly appreciated.
All proceeds from the Book Sale benefit the patrons of Winona Public Library.
If you missed it, please be sure to visit our daily book sale cart found in the Winona Public Library lobby.
Friends of the Winona Public Library Participated in March Millions
We wish to thank the Otto Bremer Foundation and you for your generous donations.
We raised $1,700 which will go towards enriching the Winona community with multiple library resources.
Volunteer & Membership
If you are interested in supporting the library, please consider joining the Friends. We are always looking for new members who would like to get involved and find new ways to advocate and raise funds for your library. If you are interested in joining or would like more information, please complete the membership form or send an email to [email protected].
Now Friends members can take advantage of discounts at local businesses through the Friends Benefit Program. Simply show your Friends of the Library membership card at any of the participating businesses to receive your discount. The list of partners is expected to grow, so check back for updates!
Book Sale Cart
Need a gift idea? Looking for a good deal on a book? Stop by the Friends Book Sale Cart across from the Checkout Desk in the main entrance area of the library. The cart is stocked with hardcover books, paperbacks, compact discs, videos and DVDs.
Hardcover books: $1.00 ea.
Paperback books: $0.50 ea. or 3 for $1.00
Media items: $2.00 ea. or 3 for $5.00
Media sets: $5.00 ea.
Stop by often as items on the cart vary daily. All proceeds benefit your Winona Public Library.
Projects of the Friends of the Library
- Donate time and funds to help with children’s programs.
- Encourage community awareness by representing the library in our community.
- Advocate for strong library support.
- Manage the Deborah Miller Kanabar Trust Fund.
- Encourage Memorial and Honor Book Programs.
- Volunteer for the annual Concert in the Park sponsored by Winona National Bank (all proceeds from the event benefit the library).
- Provide funds to purchase equipment, materials, and for other special projects or programs.