The Friends of the Winona Public Library value, support, and champion the public library. The purpose of this organization is to:
- Maintain an association of persons interested in libraries
- Focus public attention on the Winona Public Library
- Stimulate the use of the library’s resources and services
- Receive and encourage gifts, endowments and bequests to the library
- Support and cooperate with the library in developing library services and facilities for the community
- Support the freedom to read as expressed in the American Library Association Bill of Rights
Meetings are usually held on the third Saturday of each month from 9:00 – 10:00 am in the Bell Art Room of the library. All Friends and potential Friends are welcome to attend.
Next meeting will be Saturday, February 20th, 2016.
Do you like planning events? Raising Money? Are you wanting to be more involved with the community? The Friends are looking for new members and executive board members.
Meeting Minutes (posted after formal meeting approval)
Winona Public Library
Friends of the Library Board
Friends Special Events
The Friends of the Winona Public Library’s Annual Book Sale will be held at the Winona Friendship Center (corner of 5th and Main) March 17th – March 19th, 2016.
Thursday, March 17th from 6:00pm-8:00pm – FRIENDS MEMBERS ONLY (become a member today or at the event membership form)
Friday, March 18th from 7:30am-6:00pm
Saturday, March 19th from 8:00am-2:00pm
Please watch for more information regarding donating or volunteering for the event.. Your support is greatly appreciated.
All proceeds from the Book Sale benefit the patrons of Winona Public Library.
Also, please be sure to visit our daily book sale cart found in the Winona Public Library lobby.
Kids Concert in the Park
Friday June 19th, 2015
11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Friends of the Winona Public Library received a check for $1,667.30 from the Winona National Bank for the proceeds from the June concert.
Thanks to you and Winona National Bank for your generous support of the library!
Thank you to everyone who donated baked goods and their time for the August 22nd, 2015 Bake Sale and to those that purchased items from the bake sale! It was a huge success and your support is appreciated.
All proceeds from the bake sale benefit the Winona Public Library.
Give to the Max Day
(Annual event held the 2nd Thursday in November)
What is Give to the Max Day? It is a day of Giving in Minnesota. You can give an online donation to any nonprofit or school of your choice.
The Friends of the Winona Public Library will be participating in the event again this year, and every dollar you donate will help your library.
Please note: giveMN.org is available for online donations to the Friends throughout the year. Thank you for your generosity.
Volunteer & Membership
If you are interested in supporting the library, please consider joining the Friends. We are always looking for new members who would like to get involved and find new ways to advocate and raise funds for your library. If you are interested in joining or would like more information, please complete the membership form or send an email to [email protected].
Book Sale Cart
Need a gift idea? Looking for a good deal on a book? Stop by the Friends Book Sale Cart across from the Checkout Desk in the main entrance area of the library. The cart is stocked with hardcover books, paperbacks, compact discs, videos and DVDs.
Hardcover books: $1.00 ea.
Paperback books: $0.50 ea. or 3 for $1.00
Media items: $2.00 ea. or 3 for $5.00
Media sets: $5.00 ea.
Stop by often as items on the cart vary daily. All proceeds benefit your Winona Public Library.
Projects of the Friends of the Library
- Donate time and funds to help with children’s programs.
- Encourage community awareness by representing the library in our community.
- Advocate for strong library support.
- Manage the Deborah Miller Kanabar Trust Fund.
- Encourage Memorial and Honor Book Programs.
- Volunteer for the annual Concert in the Park sponsored by Winona National Bank (all proceeds from the event benefit the library).
- Provide funds to purchase equipment, materials, and for other special projects or programs.