The Friends of the Winona Public Library value, support, and champion the public library. The purpose of this organization is to:
- Maintain an association of persons interested in libraries
- Focus public attention on the Winona Public Library
- Stimulate the use of the library’s resources and services
- Receive and encourage gifts, endowments and bequests to the library
- Support and cooperate with the library in developing library services and facilities for the community
- Support the freedom to read as expressed in the American Library Association Bill of Rights
Volunteer & Membership
If you are interested in supporting the library, please consider joining the Friends. We are always looking for new members who would like to get involved and find new ways to advocate and raise funds for your library. If you are interested in joining or would like more information, please email us at email@example.com.
To join the Friends, fill out the Membership Form and mail or return it to the library.
Read about the Friends and upcoming events in the Friends of the Library’s 2012 Newsletter (PDF).
Find out more about the Friends of the Winona Public Library. Meetings are generally held the second Saturday of each month at 9:00 am in the Art Room of the library.
Book Sale Cart
Need a gift idea? Looking for a good deal on a book? Stop by the Friends Book Sale Cart across from the Checkout Desk in the main entrance area of the library. The cart is stocked with hardcover books, paperbacks, compact discs, videos and DVDs.
Hardcover books: $1.00 ea.
Paperback books: $0.50 ea. or 3 for $1.00
Media items: $2.00 ea. or 3 for $5.00
Media sets: $5.00 ea.
Stop by often as items on the cart vary daily. All proceeds benefit your Winona Public Library.
Projects of Friends of the Library
- Donate time and funds to help with children’s programs.
- Encourage community awareness by representing the library in our community.
- Advocate for strong library support.
- Manage the Deborah Miller Kanabar Trust Fund.
- Encourage Memorial and Honor Book Programs.
- Volunteer for the annual Concert in the Park sponsored by Winona National Bank (all proceeds from the event benefit the library).
- Provide funds to purchase equipment, materials, and for other special projects or programs.
Friends of the Winona Public Library Board (2012)
President: Angela Lallemont
Vice-President: Cathy Kreisel
Treasurer: Missy Schneider
Secretary: Sue Eckerson
Membership Secretary: Tove Wiggs
Directors: Christine Boudin-Stoa, Sue Eckerson, Don Stone & Arlene Neitzke