Permits, Fees & Handouts
- 2021 Building Fees (PDF) (Plan Review Fees Not Included)
- 2021 Miscellaneous Fees (PDF)
- Building Affidavit Form (PDF)
- Building Permit Application (PDF)
- Demolition Fees (PDF)
- Demolition Permit Process & Wrecking Form (PDF) (Demolition Permits Please Use a Building Application)
- Moving Permit Application (PDF)
- Roofing/Windows/Siding Application (PDF)
- Solar Permits (PDF)
The City of Winona Inspections Department does not issue or conduct inspections of electrical permits. Please refer to the links below for answers to any questions or concerns you may have regarding electrical permits, or contact the State Electrical Inspector.
Shannon Merchlewitz: 507-730-2349
Office hours are Monday – Friday between 7 – 8:30 am.
Please refer to the links below for additional electrical information:
- Information on how to obtain an electrical permit from the state of Minnesota:
- Minnesota State Statute 326B.36 – When are inspections required?
- Electrical inspection check list and other information regarding electrical inspections and requirements for residential occupancies:
- Minnesota State Statute 326B.35 - Safety Standards
For fire sprinkler permits or information, please contact the:
Winona Fire Department
451 E 3rd Street
Winona, MN 55987
All plumbing shall be installed in accordance with the 2015 Minnesota Plumbing Code, Chapter 4714.
Any questions or permits for sidewalk replacement are handled through the Engineering Department at 507-457-8269.
City Hall is now open to the public from 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Monday - Friday
Inspections are required on all permits. Please call 507-457-8231. A four-hour notice is required for building inspections.
Owners that will be doing the work themselves must fill out an affidavit form and enclose the form with the application.
We only issue permits in the City of Winona limits. Anything outside of the city, please contact Winona County Planning & Zoning at 507-457-6520.
All permits must be saved before submitting. Download application first, save to your folder and fill out and submit.
There is a drop box located in the alley between City Hall and Bremer Bank. Permits, payments, and documents that will fit in the drop box can be dropped off between 8:00 a.m. -3:30 p.m.
Permits can be faxed to 507-457-8212, mailed with a check or paid by credit card by calling 507-457-8231.
City of Winona
207 Lafayette Street
Winona, MN 55987