Parks & Recreation
"Enhancing Lives Through Parks, Experiences and Play"
The Park & Recreation page is currently under construction and there are additions occurring daily as we add content to our new website. Please check back often or call our office for more information at 507-457-8258. Thank you for your patience.
Updates on Facilities and Programs:
- Adult Programs
- Adult Kickball and Volleyball programs have started with limitations and guidelines.
- Bud King Ice Arena
- Preparing for opening late September.
- City Hall
- All offices remain open to serve the public over the phone, email, and drive up services. If services are needed inside, please make an appointment with individual departments.
- Dog Park
- Remains open for use.
- East Recreation Center
- Open for limited programming with plans to expand more open hours and programming.
- Lake Lodge
- Winter hours to be determined.
- Parks, Playgrounds & Trails
- Parks and playgrounds fully open and accessible.
- Playgrounds are not sanitized regularly.
- Trails fully open; accessibility dependent upon weather and trail conditions.
- Prairie Island Campground
- Open to seasonal and recreational vehicle campers.
- Closed for short-term recreational campers.
- The campground is taking on long-delayed upgrades and renovations.
- Winona Friendship Center
- Offering virtual programming.
- Limited use of Adult Wellness Center (by appointment).
- Senior advocates are actively serving clients.
- Winona Public Library
- Currently offering curbside pickup and drop-off for books.
- Providing virtual programming and digital services.
- Youth Sports / Programs
- Planning for virtual and in-person programming following guidelines.