Cards & Games
- 15 (Card game): Play 15 hands. It is not necessary to know how to play the game, which is easy to learn.
- 500 Cards
- Bridge: Interested in playing party bridge on Mondays and/or Thursdays? Some experience necessary. If you have not played recently, you are welcome to come and join us in a relaxed, fun atmosphere. To sign up, contact Charlotte Clark at 507-454-0903.
- Billiards: Two regulation size tables; use cues provided or bring your own. All levels of players welcome. Tournaments are held throughout the year.
- Table Tennis (ping pong): Available to use when programs are not going on in the Main Room.
- Texas Hold ’Em Poker: This game is for those who already know how to play. However, lessons are available on request.
Programs offered year-round.
- The Bike & Hike Club: Weekly rides on Mondays. Ride 7 to 11 miles on bike trails at a moderate pace and return for socialization.
- Book Club: Read the month’s selection and you are welcome to bring your lunch to class.
- Bundles of Love: Make hand made items for needy babies: quilts, afghans, sleepers, onesies and receiving blankets. Volunteers needed for sewing, crocheting, knitting and cutting materials.
- Woodcarving: Fall/Winter only. Members carve objects by hand from wood, all levels welcome from the beginner to the advanced. Bring your own tools and wood.
Computers are available for members to use. There are five stations throughout the building to work on computers; four stations are PC’s and one station is an Apple. If you need help with computers or a personal device, then call ahead to make an appointment for assistance.
Students may be available for one-on-one assistance for the following:
- Cell phones
- Computer basics
We are not responsible for programs or downloads to your personal devices.
Minnesota Safety Council Defensive Driving
The Chore Corps is a program developed by the Friendship Center in 2020 to assist older adults in the City of Winona and Goodview with tasks such as raking, lawn mowing, yard clean up, snow removal, handyman repairs and services, and more
For the past six years, we have been running a program for older adults who can no longer come to the Center because of issues such as declining health or lack of transportation.
Browse through the many health and wellness programs that you can participate in.