Public Skate / Public Hockey
Public skating is a fun filled atmosphere for all ages to enjoy. Skating sessions begin in November and run thru March. The arena is a great place to bring a youth group, birthday party, or reward your employees with a company outing. Open sessions are subject to a capacity limit. Paid admissions begin 15 minutes before the scheduled time of the session.
Open Skate Times
Check the Winona Area Hockey Association’s website for open skate times.
- Admission $3 per person
- Season passes are available for $30 per person
- Skate Rental $1 per person - skate sizes range from child sizes 8-5 and adult 6-14
- We accept cash and check - we do not currently accept credit cards at the Bud King Ice Arena
Types of Public Skating
Youth Public Hockey
Age Range: Ages 17 and under - ages 7 and under must be accompanied by an adult
These sessions are designed for youth hockey players who want to skate with a stick, and a puck. Different than a Public Skate session where all-ages can skate for pleasure, skaters during Open Hockey sessions can work on their individual skating, stick/puck handling skills, or play small hockey games with their friends.
Nets and pucks are provided. Helmets with face shield are required.
Adult Public Hockey
Age Range: Ages 18 and over
Adult Open Hockey is an opportunity for players 18 years of age and up to practice hockey skills on the ice.
Nets and pucks are provided. Helmets are required.
Age Range: All ages - all-ages pleasure skating for fun and fitness. Ages 7 and under must be accompanied by an adult
Skate rental size availability may be limited. No sticks or pucks.
Public Skating Tips
Before You Arrive
Dress appropriately, the rink is chilly so don’t forget your sweatshirt or jacket. Helmets (hockey or bicycle), elbow and kneepads are strongly recommended but not required. Gloves are a good idea as well, not only will they keep your hands warm but protect you from the sharp skate blades. Also, don’t forget to wear long pants and one pair of socks that come above the ankle.
Once You Are at the Rink
- Both hockey and figure skates are available for rent.
- Follow the Arena Staff and Skate Guard directions and requests.
- No carrying of young children while skating.
- No hockey sticks or pucks are permitted during the public open skate.
- Please skate with the flow of traffic.
- Public Hockey: helmets are required for under 18 years old and strongly recommended for 18 and up. Hockey pads/gear is additionally recommended.
- Skates must be worn on the ice, no shoes.
- There are a limited number of skating aids available by request.