Health & Wellness
Active Wellness Center (AWC)
We accept Renew Active, Silver and Fit and Silver Sneakers from Health Insurance Plans. Our gym has experienced, certified staff available for training and monitoring. Older adult friendly exercise equipment.
Active Wellness Center Symposium
AWC students give presentations on health related topics. Everyone is encouraged to come and learn about strength, cardio, flexibility and eating healthy.
Other Classes & Services
- Blood Pressure Checks: Available through Bridges Health and in the Active Wellness Center.
- Brain Fitness: Brain health is more important than ever. Optimal brain function is required for quality of life. Join us for an innovative approach to brain care with mental stimulation and challenges.
- Bridges Health Services: Introducing "The Well Winonan", which is a program for preventative health screening. Bridges is our source of all things health and wellness.
- Chair Yoga: Breathing, stretching and find a moment of peace. Increases circulation and balance. Standing poses also included and chairs are provided.
- Foot and Nail Clinic: 1 hour sessions made by appointment only; call the front desk for an appointment. Appointments include a foot assessment, trimming and thinning of toenails with special tools. Appointments are only offered by WSU Nursing students, supervised by a Registered Nurse, when school is in session.
- Hand Massages: Improve circulation, relieve tension in tendons and increases flexibility. Reduces stiffness, relieves anxiety, pain and just plain feels good.
- Movin’ and Groovin’: Moving to 60’s and 70’s tunes while rebuilding strength, flexibility and endurance.
- Nia: Connecting the body, mind, emotions and spirit through music. Emphasis on stretching, strengthening, flexibility, agility and balance.
- Strength and Balance: Regain and maintain balance with strength training and coordination exercises.
- T’ai Chi and Chi Gong: Moving meditation while improving balance, increasing flexibility and promoting cardiovascular fitness.
- Water Aerobics: Aerobics in a warm water pool with a variety of workouts. You do not need to know how to swim. A variety of workouts. Summer program is held at the Bob Welch Aquatic Center.
- Yoga Mat: Standing, flowing movements. Floor stretching, strengthening and relaxation.
- Zumba Gold: Easy to follow Zumba choreography that focuses on balance, range of motion, coordination, cardiovascular, muscular conditioning and flexibility.