The John Latsch Memorial Board consists of the five members who serve four year terms. The John Latsch Memorial Board is staffed by City Clerk Monica Hennessy Mohan - email Monica Hennessy Mohan.
Interest in recreation and conservation.
The John Latsch Memorial Board was established by Trust Deed from John A. Latsch in 1915. The deed conveyed to the John Latsch Memorial Board numerous properties. The board is responsible for receiving income from the properties conveyed and to expend the income in the manner specified by John Latsch.
Mr. Latsch was a great outdoorsman, and true to his nature, he specified that the income generated from the parcels be used to provide, enlarge, improve, and maintain public parks and animal, bird, fish, game and hunting preserves on those lands donated by him. He further specified that funds may be used to improve Island Number 72, which is now known as Latsch Island.
Trust Deed of John A. Latsch, 1915