Adult & Youth Programs
Access To Recreation
The Winona Park and Recreation Department welcomes people of all ages and abilities to participate in our programs and events. If you or someone you know would like to take advantage of our programming and requires special accommodations, please contact us at 507-457-8258. Programming is also kept at an affordable rate. If you need financial assistance, please complete our Scholarship Application form.
2022 Pre-school T-Ball
Park Rec T-Ball is a developmentally appropriate introductory baseball program for children 3 to 6 years old. The program prepares children for organized t-ball, baseball, and softball in a fun, non-competitive environment. Age-appropriate equipment is used to teach throwing, catching, batting, and running. This is an instruction-based program with light gameplay as the season progresses. Parent & guardian participation is expected.
LOCATION Lions Park Ball Fields, 670 East Front Street (Next to Bud King Ice Arena)
Fee: $25-47 (includes t-shirt, instruction)
Financial assistance is available to those who qualify by calling (507) 457-8258.
|1||3 & 4||Mondays & Wednesdays, June 13 -29|
|2||5 & 6||Tuesdays & Thursdays, June 14 - 30|
Baseball glove (We have a limited supply, contact us if in need.)
REGISTRATION No deadline, registration is open until capacity has been reached. Sign up in-person or online.
For more information, call or visit us at www.cityofwinona.com. 207 Lafayette Street Suite 105
Winona, MN 55987 (507) 457-8258 www.cityofwinona.com Email: email@example.com
All sports postponements and cancellations will be communicated through text message and/or e-mail to all managers and participants whose information is updated in Quickscores. Create a profile and include your email and cell phone number in order to receive game cancellations.
- If we have received a significant amount of rain, it is possible some or all fields may not be playable by game time.
- If the fields are deemed to be unplayable due to poor conditions, a notice of cancellation will be posted online
- If it should rain after 4 pm, it will be the umpire’s decision as to whether or not the game will be played. If there is any doubt, show up!
- If the games are canceled due to wet conditions, please stay off the fields!
- If severe weather occurs, umpires will suspend the game and make note of exactly where the game left off (score, inning, outs, hitter’s count, runners on, etc…).
- Umpires may delay the game for up to 30 minutes if it looks like the weather will be passing through.
- If the game does not resume, it will be made up at a later date, and subsequent games for the evening also will not be played.
In the event that a rained-out or suspended game must be rescheduled, the Recreation Department will do the rescheduling.
Two make-up games are built into the end of the regular season schedule to accommodate rainouts. Make-ups may also be added to existing league nights, as 9 pm games or on a different field when possible. If more than 2 weeks of games are rained out, not all games may be able to be made up.
In the rare event that an umpire fails to show up for your game, play the game using a mutually agreed upon umpire, call the Recreation Department the next morning with the game score and name and address of the person who umpired the game so they can be compensated.
Visit Quick Scores to see the current and past adult and youth sports schedules.
Quick Scores is designed to give you easy access to all of your sports information. As the season progresses, you will find it easy to follow your schedules, standings, and any changes or new information regarding your leagues and upcoming events. Be sure to bookmark this website for quick and easy access to all our sports information.