2021 Winter Display LIght & Decorating Show
Twinkling Lights on Chilly Winter Nights
2021 Winter Display Light & Decoration Show
What is the Winter Display Light & Decoration Show: This free event is designed to showcase Holiday lights and decorations in our community.
Who can participate: This event is open to all in the community, if you are unable to decorate, you can still participate by viewing the displays and voting for your favorite ones.
How does the Winter Display Light & Decoration Show work: Individuals wanting to participate in the show just need to register their Holiday lights/decorations. Within 48 business hours of being registered participants will be sent a follow up email with information on their display number, when they are able to pick up a sign and confirming their participation in the 2021 Winter Display Light & Decoration show.
Individuals visiting the displays can vote for their top one in each category.
Signs will be provided and sign pick up will be available December 13-16 from the East Recreation Center.
When is the Winter Display Light and Decoration Show happening: Registration for displays will be open from 11/29-12/10. Voting will be open 12/17-1/1 and winners will be announced on January 5th 2021.
All voting information will be provided at each participating location. Please do not vote on social media posts. We will not count these votes.
Where will the Winter Display Light & Decoration show be: Displays could be located anywhere in Winona. A digital map will be provided this season, we will not publish the addresses of the participants but provide a digital map with markers close to the locations.
Why participate: We want to fill Winona with twinkling lights on these chilly winter nights. Lights and displays always bring feelings of delight and awe, we want all to share those feelings with all.
For the 2021 Winter Display Light & Decoration Show, there are eight categories participants can vote for their favorites. Please note that you should choose different displays for each category.
- Winter Wonderland (best all white light display)
- Merry & Bright (most colorful display)
- Santa's Workshop (best use of physical movement or illusion of physical movement)
- Rockin' Around (best use of music & technology)
- The Gingerbread (sweet & simple)
- Creative Inflatables (best use of inflatable decorations)
- It's a Wonderful life (most creative & imaginative)
- The Griswold (lights, lights, lights and more lights!)
Important dates for 2021 Winter Display Light & Decoration Show
- November 29th Registration Opens
- December 10th Registration Closes
- Sign pick up on 12/13-12/16
- December 17th Judging Window Opens
- January 1st Judging Window Closes
- January 5th Winners are announced
Voting Information and Rules
Voting information will be posted here- you can vote for your favorite displays with this link 2021 Winter Light & Decoration Display (google.com)
Community members are encouraged to visit each participating display before voting
- Please only for ONCE during the duration of the event, votes are timestamped and multiple (5+) votes done in rapid succession will be considered void.
- Please vote for your favorite displays in the categories they qualify for. For example a display should not be winning in both the Winter Wonderland category and the Merry & Bright category
- Enjoy the lights and displays this holiday season!