How do sign regulations affect my property?

The sign code regulates advertising based on the zoning district and street frontage of a property. Properties in more intensive zoning districts with larger street frontages are allowed more signage than smaller, less intensively zoned properties.

Please call the Community Development Department at 507-457-8250 to determine the allowable sign size, height and setback requirement for your property or refer to Section 43.43 in the Winona City Code.

Show All Answers

1. What are the home-based business zoning requirements?
2. How do I know if signs/awnings can overhang the sidewalk in front of my business?
3. How do I get floodplain information?
4. What are the requirements for installing a pool?
5. What do I need to know about putting up a fence?
6. How do I determine where my property lines are?
7. Where can recreational equipment be stored on residential property?
8. How do I subdivide my property?
9. How do sign regulations affect my property?
10. How do I check the zoning on property?
11. What are off-street parking requirements?