|Appointment:||Mayor, with approval of the City Council|
|Meets:||Second Wednesday of each month|
|Learn more:||Heritage Preservation Commission website|
The Heritage Preservation Commission was created by the City Council in 1989 to promote the rehabilitation and conservation of historic properties for the education, inspiration, pleasure and enrichment of the citizens and visitors of Winona.
Citizen of Winona and not holding a paid position within the City. The members must include:
- At least one architect or person experienced in the building trades;
- At least one professional in the areas of history, architectural history, archaeology, planning, design, building trades, landscape architecture or law;
- One member from the Winona County Historical Society;
- One member from the City Planning Commission;
- Three members with a demonstrated interest and/or expertise in historic preservation;
- One member from each voting ward in the City.
Winona City Code Chapter 22.27